Laptops today have become a must have item in every household. But with so many brands, designs and fake products in the market, it isn’t easy to choose a reliable and durable product. This review speaks of the 10 best laptops in Singapore, and we believe that your ideal choice is within this context. Stay tuned as we reveal some of the best options to become your ideal laptop.
Our Top Suggestions
1.ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra Slim Laptop 8th Gen
Embrace your potential for creativity and innovation with the ASUS ZenBook 13 which is nothing but an elegant and sleek masterpiece. What makes this so attractive both in style and performance are its four-sided NanoEdge display, ErgoLift hinge and NumberPad.
The NanoEdge makes way to provide the user with the ultimate screen space experience with a 95% screen to body ratio which creates an immersive visual impact.
The ErgoLift in the other hand makes it so easy to use your laptop in almost any position or angle that is comfortable to you. What’s so genius about this is that, the tilt positions are so carefully engineered to improve the audio and cooling performance of the laptop which is an added bonus.
Finally, the NumberPad touchpad is a finely detailed little piece that can swap to become your ordinary touchpad or even a numeric keypad. Altogether, this becomes one of the best laptops in Singapore and can also become your ideal go-to laptop.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM /512GB ROM and hardware TPM security with Windows 10 Professional
- Ultra slim bezels to improve NanoEdge design
- Slim and lightweight making it ideal for traveling
- High capacity battery for longtime and great performance
- Includes Carry Sleeve and USB3.0 to RJ45 cable
- 1 year free ASUS Accidental Damage Protection cover included
2.Acer Swift 5 Laptop
This is another elegant laptop choice introduced by ASUS featuring their promising sleek and lightweight laptop structure which makes it the most attractive. But don’t just only thank the good looks, this laptop comes with great performance as well.
The Harmon Kadon audio system provides quality sound output, so you can make sure your ears are well entertained. With a 15 hour long battery life, you will not have to further worry about recharging, which makes it an ideal choice for outdoor usage.
- Up to 8th Generation Intel Core i7 procesor with 8GB RAM/512 ROM and Windows 10 Home installed
- Wide view Full HD NanoEdge display
- External connectivity with HDMI, WiFi 5, USB type C and Micro SD Card Reader(actual transfer speeds can change depending on the system configuration and operating systems)
- Portable design
3.Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
The Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop is a laptop that leaves you with no compromises. Speaking of good looks, the laptop has a 15.6” Full HD widescreen with LED backlit IPS display and a backlit keyboard.
For added advantage, it also has an Acer Fingerprint Reader supporting Windows Hello. The Graphics include an Intel UHD Graphics 620.
The laptop also includes an Intel Wireless Wifi 6 AX201 802.11ax Dual Band which can go upto a maximum speed of 2.4Gbps and a selection of USB ports for extensive connectivity, one with Power-Off Charging.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost Technology and 8GB RAM/256GB ROM with Windows 10 Home
- Two built-in Microphones with Acer Purified Voice Technology
- Two built-in Stereo Speakers for an immersive sound experience
- HD Webcam
- Lithium-ion battery for lasting performance
- 9.5 long battery life
4.Lenovo Yoga 710-15
The Lenova Yoga 710 is a convertible laptop which demonstrates a complete 360 degrees flip and flop structure with the tent, laptop, tablet and stands versatile modes.
The device comes with a 15.6” Full HD Widescreen LED screen with Intel HD Graphics 620 along with a ten-finger multi-touch support, a 720p HD webcam, two microphones, Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium feature to give you an ultimate crisp video conferencing experience or movie experience.
Moreover, to make this device even versatile, the device includes a 4 in 1 card reader which supports SD Cards, Multimedia Cards, SDHC and SDXC format cards.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost Technology and 8GB RAM expandable upto 16GB/256GB ROM with Windows 10 Home
- Automatic transition
- In built fingerprint reader
- Headphone and Microphone Combo port
- Lithium-ion battery for lasting usage
- 8 hours battery life
5.2019 Lenovo IdeaPad Flagship High Performance Laptop
This is a laptop specifically designed for mass storage requirements and is ideal for any heavy task workers. The optical drive which comes along with this makes it possible to read and write digital files.
The 15.6” HD Widescreen display, AMD Radeon R4 graphics, keyboard with 10 key numeric keypad, 4.0 bluetooth and energy-efficient backlight provides the attraction for the device.
This is a functional device ideal for productive workspaces and thus, one of the best laptops in Singapore.
- Dual-core AMD A6-9225 accelerated processor and 4GB RAM/ 500ROM with Windows 10
- Headphone and Microphone Combo port
- Screen built wireless LAN
- Lithium-ion battery for lasting usage
- Card reader which supports SD Cards, Multimedia Cards, SDHC and SDXC format cards.
- Useful USB ports for extensive usage
6.Dell Inspiron 15- 13567
The Dell Inspiron Laptop is a smart choice worth your money. The 15.6” LED screen gives it a widescreen view and along the Intel HD 620 graphics, and 1366 x 768 HD resolution, the laptop becomes absolutely perfect in workspaces or even for the usual gamers.
The presence of the natural finger-touch navigation makes a perfect compliance for the Windows 10, and thus ensures a productive day at work.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5 mobile processor with 8GB RAM/256GB ROM and Windows 10
- Touch display option
- Ideal choice for gamers or productive workers
- Smooth functioning
7.Dell XPS 9370
The Dell XPs is truly a laptop that would revolutionize the way you have been using laptops ever since.
With the 13.3” UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD InfinityEdge Touchscreen display, you will begin to see visuals in a way you have never visualized before.
But this is not all that would capture the attraction. The backlit keyboard, the built in stereo speakers, the 720p webcam with four array digital microphones will leave you mesmerized.
With the storage capacity, excellent performance and good looks as such, this becomes one of the best laptops in Singapore.
- Intel i7 8550U Quad-Core Processor with Turbo Boost Technology and 16GB RAM/ 512ROM and Windows 10 Pro
- Immersive colours due to Intel HD graphics
- Speakers featuring Waves MaxxAudio Pro
- Sleek and reliable
- User-friendly interface
8.Dell XPS 13 9365
This is yet another reliable product introduced by Dell, which is a certified refurbished product tested and made to look and function brand new.
The process undergoes a specific number of steps inspecting, cleaning and testing to ensure customer satisfaction and productive usage.
This includes all the relevant accessories that you would expect from a laptop as this and comes with the attractions like a backlit keyboard and turbo boost technology. Being refurbished, this is a good deal for a budget laptop in Singapore.
- Intel Core i7- 7Y75 processor with Turbo Boost Technology and 16GB RAM/256GB ROM with Windows 10 Pro
- Certified Refurbished Product
- 10 hours battery life
9.ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop 10th Gen
The ASUS ZenBook 13 is a new introduction to the previous ZenBook 13 with new creative innovations to optimize the user experience.
The new screen Pad 2.0 makes this a more versatile device to easily manage your workflow by adding apps to Screen Pad for frequent access.
It acts as an interactive secondary display, where you can have your favorite apps just a touch away. This upgrade makes this computer more apt for productive workers.
The very light structure makes it an ideal choice for traveling purposes. Altogether, this makes one of the best laptops in Singapore.
- Latest 10th Generation Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM/512GB ROM
- 13.3” widescreen Full HD 4-way NanoEdge Bezel display
- Includes ASUS utility apps for added benefit
- Inbuilt IR camera and Sign in with Windows Hello
- Extensive connectivity available
- Includes the military standard for durability and reliability
- Includes carry sleeve and USB3.0 to RJ45 cable
- Sleek and lightweight design
10.ASUS Vivobook S15 S512
Yet another smart introduction by ASUS, this laptop comes with a screen surface of 15.6” providing you all the space you need to organize your profile.
With a considerable RAM space, this laptop can serve your office needs, and also serves right for your gaming necessities. Binge watch your favourite movies with super clarity, thanks to the Full HD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution which will change the way you have been watching movies to the better.
With an ergonomic design, this is guaranteed to serve your needs for a very long time.
- Intel Core i7 1.80GHz processor with 8GB RAM/256GB ROM and Windows 10 Home
- Backlit chiclet keyboard
- Fingerprint sensor activated through Windows Hello
- Durable design and structure
How do I make my laptop last longer?
After viewing some of the best laptops in Singapore, and in fact some of the budget laptops in Singapore, you may have already made your mind on a smart purchase.
But remember, even the best laptop you could possibly buy would only remain that way if you take responsibility to carefully use and maintain it. What are the ways to make your laptop last longer? Here are 10 tips.
Keep it Up-to-Date
Make sure that your operating system, apps and virus guards are up to date to ensure maximum performance. Show concern to the reminders or updates that your computer may pop up, and set your computer to automatically update such requirements.
Keep the device surface clean
Don’t keep food and drink closer to your computer, as they may accidentally fall and eventually make your computer a mess. Other than that, dust and dirt are other problems that can make the computer unclean and if they aren’t thoroughly cleaned, it can affect the computer’s fan. Use proper tools and cleaning mechanisms to clean your computer.
Keep the device interiors clean
If you notice that the computer performance is getting slow, take time to manually defragment your hard drive. Make time to declutter your computer files and folders by deleting whatever that is no longer useful to you. You can also add external RAMs to boost the computer memory.
Keep the device cool
Make sure you don’t overheat your computer. Don’t keep it under direct sunlight or anywhere else where the computer’s air vents are blocked. A nice cool spot would do good for your computer’s longevity.
Have it consistent
When changing hard drives, always make sure to turn the computer off and perform the action.
Transportation Safety First
When carrying your laptop around, make sure you put it in a well-padded case. Don’t put much weight or pressure to your laptop when you take it away with other things inside your bag, and don’t bang or keep anything heavy on top of your laptop. And most importantly, don’t carry your laptop by its screen, because it wasn’t designed to carry that way.
Take care of the power cable
If being honest, the power cable is something that isn’t been treated kind. When the power cable is carelessly rolled up or just entangled, the joints of the connectors can easily be damaged. Moreover, it is better to use a surge protector when using the laptop.
Have it on when continuously using it
If you happen to be using the computer all day, better leave it on all the time rather than turning it off multiple times. This will reduce the wear and tear of the computer and keep it in good shape.
Correct the little things that come along
Sometimes, we see little malfunctions in the computer, but we easily ignore them. But it is always best to look into these little problems when they are little before they become big. If things are out of control, concern a tech.
Connect the computer to a quality surge protector
You never know when a surge could occur. Therefore, better have a surge protector connected, a portable one would be better, because, it’s better safe than sorry.
Hope these details were useful in making a great laptop choice and stay tuned for more reviews like these.